[Yum] look more arch bugs :)

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 08:17:11AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 03:40, Grigory Bakunov wrote:
> > On 25 Sep 2002 17:42:01 -0400
> > seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > SV> go test this, please.
> >
> > Hello Seth.
> > What did you think about create test suite for yum?
>

> > It's must looks like chroot environment, test repository and
> > test script with set of yum commands.
>

> I'd be fine w/it. Not quite sure how we're going to test all potential
> bizarro-situations that can occur but...

The joy of a test suite is more that once you find some wierd
case, you insert a test for it (in addition ot all of the "normal"
cases).  Then, when you make changes, you see if the "fix" for this
latest bug broke any other behavior (that you've yet thought of).
The test suite evolves with the program as you discover the bazarro
stuff.

Your point (that there is a nearly infinite number of variations
possible) is well taken, but I agree that it may be useful.  Then
again, I'm not volunteering.... so....

                                -Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxx