[Yum] testing and a traceback

seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 17:17, Troy Dawson wrote:
>
>>Howdy,
>>Sorry for being quiet for a while, things got a little busy around here.
>>I've been testing 0.8.8, and putting it through it's paces.
>>
>>Things seem to work pretty well, but I managed to get a traceback out of it.
>>Here's the situation.
>>On my server I have two distributions.  I have my yum.conf file looking at
>>both of them.  Everything goes well until I remove one of the distributions
>>off the server.  It then barfs and coughs up a traceback.
>>

> so you remove the files/dir from the server and you don't remove the
> entry from the yum.conf?
>
> what type of server? http or ftp?
>

> -sv

Yes, I just removed the files/dir.  It was actually just a link to the other
directory (73, and 73newer).  When I was in transition to actually make
73newer, newer (remove the link, make a new directory and put the new stuff
in), I thought I'd see what type off error yum would send.  And that was what
I got.

It is an http server.

On another note.  When I brought the server down completely I got a more
normal message of

# yum update nedit
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: 7.1.1 mail
IOError: [Errno socket error] (111, 'Connection refused')
#

Which is actually what I expected when I removed the directory the first time.

Thanks
Troy