[Yum] I'm back and future stuff

--=-V2zq58deRuZLKRuKR/2g

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 14:41, Vladimir Bormotov wrote:
>=20
> 		Hi!
>=20
> SV> I think I will tend to agree with linus, big patches suck. Can you
> SV> isolate what they are patching? ie: a reget patch, a tabbing patch, a
> SV> doc patch etc etc.
>=20
>  You can help to minimize patches.
> =20
>  just read =20
> =20
>  http://www.python.org/doc/essays/styleguide.html=20
>  http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html
>  =20
>  and aplly style recomendation to source code as rules ;)
>=20

> =20
>    4 spaces for one level. =20
>   =20
>    for example, look at yum-0.8.9/lilo.py, class LiloConfigFile.
>   =20
>    cass declaration at first posotion.  Nice.
>    def __repr__ - indented with 4 spaces.  Very nice.
>    s =3D "" indented with one tab character.  Ooops!!!!
>   =20
>    look below, into def needsEnterpriseKernel: =20
>   =20
>    for l in f.readlines() indented with 4 spaces, but body indented with
>    tab character.  ;-/

humorously I didn't write this function at all. I stole it from up2date
:)

>    =3D=3D=3D styleguide cut =3D=3D=3D
>    Tabs or Spaces?
> =20
>     Never mix tabs and spaces. The most popular way of indenting Python i=
>     with spaces only.
>    =3D=3D=3D=20
>   =20
>   Please, NO TAB CHAR IN PYTHON CODE!=20

so a couple of things about this.

When I started working in python I was told - pick one, tabs or spaces
and go with it.

I did.
 Thats why everything is tabbed. Unless I stole the code, then its
whatever they used.

switching is one regex away :) if people like spaces, thats fine with
me, my editor does either. I don't really have a strong preference.

-sv

--=-V2zq58deRuZLKRuKR/2g

--=-V2zq58deRuZLKRuKR/2g--