[Yum] daily - finally

Seth,

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, seth vidal wrote:

> Hi folks,
>  finally got some time to implement most of the changes we talked about
> and push a daily after some testing.
>
> http://www.dulug.duke.edu/yum/download/yum-20020816.tar.gz
>
> it includes:
> completely run as non-root for commands that don't need root to run (ie:
> list, info, provides)

Thanks for implementing this feature.

> yum provides [stuff] - perfect for looking up what provides /foo/bar/baz
> it takes file globs for matching so you can do:
>
> yum provides *yp*
> and get everything that provides anything with the yp in it - it
> searches filenames, dirnames and provides.
>
> it works relatively nicely. - let me know what I broke.
>
> (I'm sure you will ;)

We will give it a big test.  So far the users really like the idea of

	yum install koffice

with yum figuring out all of the dependencies.  I am going to really like
it to as we will not have to tell users how to figure out those
dependencies and where the ftp server is as yum does it all for them.

> -sv

-Connie Sieh
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory