[Yum] Yum and up2date

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 02:37:49AM +0200, Alex K wrote:
> Hi.
>
> This is a little OT, but anyway :
>
> I have recently tested yum, and it worked, although it was noticable that
> some features are not yet there. Since i am used to up2date, i have taken
> upon myself to devise a up2date server substitute that would be simple, and
> surprisingly it was - all that was needed is a 10 line perl script and some
> apache configurations for starters. After that some python knowldge was
> required, but learning stuff never stopped me before.
>
> I was wondering if there is a list where up2date and other installers like
> yum, aptrpm and others are discussed, where i would be able to contribute
> with my development ..
>
> If anyone is interested, the description of my project is found at
> www.nrh-up2date.com (yes, that's Not RedHat up2date, and it's a temporary
> domain, i didn't want it to be a .com)
>
> Alex.

Alex,

To my knowledge there isn't a list where all the RPM tools are
discussed..although that would be an interesting endevor....I think.

You might be interested in Curret which is a GPL'd server for up2date
that's being developed by a few friends of mine.  Check out the web site
at

        http://www.biology.duke.edu/computer/unix/current/

Jack Neely

--
Jack Neely <slack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Linux Realm Kit Administration and Development