Re: Introducing myself. Akshay Karhade

Hello Akshay, Welcome!

Like Jona said, we are glad to have you here.

Since next week is the deadline we don't want you to miss out on core application details.

1. Please createa Fedora Account System (FAS) Id, subscribe and send intoduction email to commops ML and also create a Fedora wiki user page. For example, here is mine: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bee2502
2. Follow the application process i.e create a subpage for your GSoC proposal and populate it with details. More info on that is here: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/mentored-projects/gsoc/2018/application.html
Don't worry if you dont know everything i.e. the timeline. We can help you with that but fill as many details as you can.

We would also love to see some initial contribution during the application period to help us evaluate the application. Like Jona suggested, there are some easyfix issues in Pagure repo for happiness packets. Also, it would be great if you can write a short blog posts (100 words is ok) - it can be about anything relevant to project i.e. details about happinesspackets.io code, the problems you faced during these easyfix tasks and how you debugged them. These posts help us immensely during gsoc selection to evaluate the work you have done. Ideally, it would be a blog post (100 words is okay) on how you can integrate FAS authentication with this website, what would you need etc. This is one of the easyfix tasks too.

Also, it would be great if you can send some samples of the previous websites you have developed. If you don't have any, it's not a problem :)

Feel free to ask us questions or ping us if you get stuck since the deadline is extremely close. We usually hang out in #fedora-commops. It would be great if you can review your proposal with us before you submit it.

Cheers,
Bee