Friends. Features. Freedom. First. Forever.

Fedorans,

When I packed up my entire life and moved to fair Rollywood this past
January to be closer to Red Hat Tower and dive head-first into this
role as the first ever Fedora Community Action and Impact Lead, it was
an absolute dream for me. Every day, I'm working with some of the most
talented, motivated, brilliant hackers, designers, and volunteers that
build and ship the operating system at the core of my digital
existence--not to mention much of the enterprises and infrastructure
around the world. The scale of problems, and the speed at which we are
solving them, is still absolutely mind-blowing to me.

I love my job.
I love my team.
I love the Fedora Community.
I love Red Hat.
Wholeheartedly.
Thank you, all of you.

Never did I imagine there would ever be another opportunity that could
sway me from this path, which I flipped my life upside down to
pursue... but then I got
the call...

Things are moving quickly, and I don't have all the details yet, but
it looks like I'm going to be the first ever Open Source Campaign
Manager for the next President of the United States, Hillary Clinton.

I have to be at campaign HQ in Brooklyn NY ready to hit the ground
running on Monday.

I will be spending my last 24 hours as a Red Hatter flipping my entire
life upside down, again, and I wanted to give the community one last
window to ping me with any outstanding business or questions, and
direct you to the appropriate channels thereafter.

After tomorrow, I'm going to be packing up and moving to Brooklyn to
work 8 days a week until roughly Thanksgiving ;)

In my absence, here is a list of points of contact for FCL business
(cc'd above,) until my replacement arrives.

For all things related to:
- Fedora Council, Matthew Miller: mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Fedora Budget, Events, and ambassadors, Joe Brockmeier: jzb@xxxxxxxxxx
- Fedora Engineering/Infrastructure, Paul Frields: pfrields@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Community Operations/CommBlog/Mktg/Misc, the Community Operations
Team: commops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know the timing is less than ideal, with Red Hat Summit next week,
and Flock in August, but, I believe this position will bring the most
visibility to the work and principles that Red Hat, Fedora, and the
FOSS community stand for.

I find strength, purpose, and peace in these words of George Bernard Shaw:

"...I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community,
and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

...Life is no "brief candle" for me. It is a sort of splendid torch
which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as
brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

This is one of those "once in a lifetime" moments in our history, and
if the Free and Open Source Software Movement can be part of that,
then I'm willing to answer the call.

Happy Hacking,
--RemyD.