Re: [Crash-utility] Miscellaneous fixes/enhancements to crash 4.0-2.10(fwd)

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Dave Anderson wrote:

Dave Anderson wrote:

Well, first off, it's kind of stupid to run the same .crashrc file twice,
isn't it?  I shall fix that oversight henceforth...

Yes, I suppose so, but I was actually seeing this first with
a local .crashrc...

That leaves the case where "bt -O" is set in both the $HOME and
local .crashrc files.  Whereas the local .crashrc is meant to override
whatever might be in the $HOME .crashrc, the "bt -O" case still wants
to be idempotent.  That can be addressed by a little tinkering with cmd_bt(),
because the pc->flags will have RCHOME_IFILE or RCLOCAL_IFILE
set when it's executing those .crashrc commands.

With those two fixes in hand, we can keep "bt -O" simple-minded.

There's also the potential case of the command line "-i inputfile" option.
But the initialization-time rule should still apply -- if "bt -O" is contained in
any or all of the 3 possible initialization-time input files ($HOME/.crashrc,
./.crashrc, or "-i inputfile" files), the setting will remain idempotent.

I also fixed the redundant running of $HOME/.crashrc and ./.crashrc
files if they are the same file.

Just so I understand, what you're saying is that if 'bt -O' is specified
in an initialization file, it always means 'use old' otherwise it's a toggle?

    -castor