Re: [Crash-utility] Miscellaneous fixes/enhancements to crash 4.0-2.10 (fwd)

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Dave Anderson wrote:

I also did not feel comfortable accepting the extension-keyword
stuff.  While I do recognize that it would be useful to be
able to dynamically determine what extension modules to load,
I don't feel the extend command should be encumbered with the
job, but rather such an implementation-specific chore should
be handled by an instance of extension library code.

For that reason I exported both the load_extension() and
unload_extension() functions so that extension library code
could use them to in turn load other extension libraries.

The call to load_extension() could be made from either the
_init() function or from an extension command.  At those
points in time, the "first" extension library will have all
the information (kernel version, crash version, dumpfile,
etc.) at its disposal, and then can make the decision as to
what additional libraries to load.

Implementing this, I realized that the for this scheme to work,
if I want to access things like the crash version, the 'pc'
structure will have to remain the same.  Perhaps a small
set of these functions can be exported to reduce  the dependencies
of such a loader on defs.h?

The minimal expectation would be something which would export

    pc->program_version

If pc->curcmd were exported, that would also remove dependencies
on calling cmd_usage.

    -castor