Re: Sound issue on 6.10-rc3 snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec_realtek

On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 22:50:17 +0200,
benjamin maddocks wrote:

> Hello kind sirs,
>      I truly apologize if this is not the correct way to relay the
> following the information, please forgive me if so, trying to be
> helpful, not a problem.
> I have a gpd win 4 with a ALC245;
> Vendor ID:     0x10ec0245
> Subsystem ID:     0x1fdb0004
> Revision ID:     0x00100001
>
> It works perfect on 6.9.4, but on 6.10.0-rc3 it loads with all the
> same info in logs as 6.9.x but now sound. The only way to get sound to
> work is to enter then leave suspend. Its enough to use pm_test with
> platform setting to get it working. Simply putting the device into/out
> of suspend is not enough. Things I have tried
> In case of order of operations issue I did the following silly things.
> Compiled kernel with acpi/power stuff builtin sound stuff as modules.
> The opposite with sound builtin, acpi/power as modules.
> Also tried blacklisting the sound drivers until fully loaded.
> None of these worked. So I copied the entire sound stack from 6.9 to
> 6.10 and the issue stayed the same. This is where Im confused who to
> contact because it seems a non sound issue in the sense of code but a
> sound issue in the sense of how it manifests. As I stated earlier the
> logs are all the same between working and not working except
> /var/lib/alsa/asound.state is missing the control.# sections.
>
> And Ill end this with saying open source programmers are my hero's,
> and seldom hear from anyone about the work unless something goes
> wrong. So id just like to say thank you for contributions and hope
> many more will say the same.

Could you try to get alsa-info.sh output for both 6.9.x and 6.10-rc
kernels for comparison?  Run the script with --no-upload option and
attach the outputs.

thanks,

Takashi

[Index of Archives]     [Pulseaudio]     [Linux Audio Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]