Re: Question about move atmel audio part to DT support

Cc:
   linux-arm-kernel mailing list
   devicetree-discuss mailing list
   alsa-devel mailing list
   linux-sound mailing list

On 10/19/2012 14:38, Bo Shen wrote:
Hi Mark Brown,
   Now, I am trying to move atmel audio part to DT support. I meet the
following issue.

   Atmel audio part has three platform device:
     -> atmel ssc: ssc library (different SOC has different number)
     -> atmel ssc dai: dai for audio
     -> atmel pcm: for pdc or dma transfer (now only support pdc, dma
support will add soon)

  In DT support kernel, I don't find any similar case. So, if I want to
keep ssc as library, and use dai to register pcm. Then the dts file will
like:
---<8---
ssc0: ssc@fffbc000 {
                 status = "okay";
};

dai0: dai {
                 compatible = "atmel,atmel-ssc-dai";
         };

sound {
                 compatible = "atmel,at91sam9g20-audio";
                 atmel,model = "wm8731 @ sam9g20ek";

                 atmel,audio-routing =
                         "Ext Spk", "LHPOUT",
                         "Int Mic", "MICIN";

                 atmel,audio-codec = <&wm8731>;
                 atmel,dai = <&dai>;
};
--->8---

   Would this be OK?
   If not, may I add some code for ssc which dedicate for audio into
sound/soc/atmel (using audio-ssc and ssc to distiguish which dedicate
for audio, which used for ssc library)? This will broken the exist code
for audio (only sam9g20-wm8731).
   Any suggestion?