Re: Host cpu model from "virsh capabilities" command not matching host physical model

On 12/27/23 00:54, xtec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The host cpu here is intel i5 1135g7 (this is a laptop).
> Using libvirt 9.0.0

At this point it is ~1 year old release. So maybe libvirt doesn't have
the freshest database?

> Using "virsh capabilities" command, the //host/cpu/model part reads
> Broadwell-noTSX-IBRS
> But there are also the Skylake cpus available, which are newer than
> broadwell, and thus should better match an intel core 11th generation

This is always tricky. But you can open an issue [1] and I guess we can
figure something out.

1: https://libvirt.org/bugs.html#general-libvirt-bug-reports

Michal