Re: trustGuestRxFilters broken after upgrade to Debian 12

On 1/22/2024 9:44 AM, Laine Stump wrote:

You are correct, trustGuestRxFilters is only for virtio emulated devices. It does nothing for hostdev network interfaces (or even for other non-virtio emulated network devices, afaik).

Huh. The vm in question used to run on a server without sr-iov, and that setting was required to allow it to join multicast groups. When it was migrated to a newer server using sr-iov, we left the configuration option in assuming it was still needed, and everything continued to work fine.

After this latest update, when the vm would not start, I am embarrassed to admit I didn't actually confirm whether or not the underlying vm was broken when I started it without it 8-/.

As you say, it does run fine without that option, which was presumably a no-op previously.

Thank you both for the quick reply and clarification…