Re: Permission Denied error when I try to open the image file stored on the ZFS disk accessed through sshfs from another machine...

Fixed,adding to : /usr/local/etc/libvirt/qemu.conf

the following parameters :

user = "root"
group = "root"

I'd forgotten this step. Very thanks bro'.

On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 10:15 AM Peter Krempa <pkrempa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 10:07:54 +0100, Mario Marietto wrote:
> ----> Another obvious but very insecure option is to instruct libvirt to
> run the VM as the root user.
>
> Is what I do,currently. Did you see my login prompt ?
>
> *root*
> @devuan-bunsen:/mnt/zroot2/zroot2/OS/Chromebook/FreeBSD-guestOS/freebsd-kvm#
>
> It means that I do launch libvirtd & and virtlogd & as root. And this is
> the reason why I use "-o
> allow_root" on the sshfs command. But despite this,I can't access the image
> file stored on the zfs disk.

Any default installation of libvirt will run a VM started from a 'root'
user as user 'qemu' for security reasons. You'd have to actively change
that to run the qemu process as 'root' user.

You didn't post any VM xml or libvirt config, so I've assumed the
default. Did you explicitly set the user for the VM to run as in the VM
xml? Or did you modify /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf?

--
Mario.