Re: which daemon/service for live migration - ?

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 14:39:18 +0200, lejeczek wrote:

> On 17/04/2023 14:31, Peter Krempa wrote:

[...]

> > > So I wonder - if that is the business logic here - if man pages which are
> > > already are very good, could enhance even more to explain those bits too...
> > The proxy daemon is necessary when you need very old clients which don't
> > support the modular topology to work with the modern daemon topology.
> >
> > That's not a strict migration requirement though as you can run the
> > migration from a modern client. In case you are migrating *from* an
> > older daemon, that would mean that you can't use '--p2p' mode.
> >
> They are all the same - in my case - decently modern - in my mind - servers
> & clients.
> It is all Centos 9 Stream with everything from default repos up-to-date.
> Are those "old"?

No, that is fine. I forgot about the fact that 'virtproxyd' is required
when you want to use TLS because I always use SSH as transport.

> And even if so then my suggestion - to explain & include all that, that
> modular relevance to certain operations, in man pages - I still share.
> That will certainly safe admins like myself, good chunks of time.

The man page for 'virtqemud' states in second paragraph:

  The virtqemud daemon only listens for requests on a local Unix domain
  socket. Remote off-host access and backwards compatibility with legacy
  clients expecting libvirtd is provided by the virtproxy daemon.

If you think more explanation is needed then please submit a issue and
describe your request and suggestion how you'd like that to be worded.