Memory locking limit and zero-copy migrations

Hi,

do I read libvirt sources right that when <memtune> is not used in the
libvirt domain then libvirt takes proper care about setting memory
locking limits when zero-copy is requested for a migration?

I also wonder whether there are any other situations where memory limits
could be set by libvirt or QEMU automatically rather than having no
memory limits?  We had oVirt bugs in the past where certain VMs with
VFIO devices couldn't be started due to extra requirements on the amount
of locked memory and adding <hard_limit> to the domain apparently
helped.

Thanks,
Milan