Re: NUMA node - Memory Only

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 02:21:18AM -0700, Jin Huang wrote:
> Hi, Andrea
> Thank you for your help, but I did not figure out how to deal with the dsc
> and rebuilding package stuff yet.
>

> Also, I compiled and installed the libvirt-8.5.0 source code from
> https://libvirt.org/sources/.
> The build command I used is:
> meson build -Dsystem=true -Ddriver_interface=enabled
> -Ddriver_libvirtd=enabled -Ddriver_network=enabled -Ddriver_qemu=enabled
> -Ddriver_remote=enabled -Dnumactl=enabled -Dnumad=enabled
> -Dstorage_disk=enabled
>
> Now my question is how to start the libvird? My OS is Ubuntu20.
> According to https://libvirt.org/compiling.html, when I tried # service
> libvirtd stop (or systemctl stop libvirtd.service), under build/src
> directory
> The system reports error: Failed to start/stop libvirtd.service: Unit
> libvirtd.service not found.

As I said in the previous message, I'd rebuild the Debian package
instead of building from source. That way, you should be able to
seamlessly replace the version of libvirt that you had installed from
Ubuntu 20.04's repositories with a newer one.

The steps involved should be roughly

  $ sudo apt-get update
  $ sudo apt-get install -y build-essential
  $ sudo apt-get build-dep -y libvirt

to install the necessary build dependencies, and then

  $ dget https://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libv/libvirt/libvirt_8.5.0-1.dsc
  $ cd libvirt-8.5.0/
  $ dpkg-buildpackage --no-sign

to actually build the package. Assuming there are no errors, you
should end up with a bunch of .deb files that you can install on the
system using apt-get.