Re: how to get vm uptime through libvirt api

On 7/26/22 10:07, Jiatong Shen wrote:
> thank you very much for reply. I have got another question which is off
> topic.
> Am I able to get vm's process id through libvirt api?

Unfortunately, no. We specifically try to avoid telling users this
information so that they are not tempted to go behind libvirt's back and
interact with QEMU directly (which can lead to a split brain scenario -
libvirt thinks guest is in a certain state, but in fact it's in a
different state).

But as I said, it should be fairly easy to extend stats to report when a
domain was started. If you don't feel comfortable providing a patch for
that I can try.

Michal