Re: how to get vm uptime through libvirt api

thank you very much for reply. I have got another question which is off topic.
Am I able to get vm's process id through libvirt api?

Thank you very much.

Best,
Norman

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 4:04 PM Michal Prívozník <mprivozn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/26/22 09:48, Jiatong Shen wrote:
> Thank you very much for reply. Initially my thought of uptime is equal
> to executing to `uptime` inside a virtual machine.
> as for the second case, where virtual machine is paused for a period,
> does libvirt expose an api to get how long qemu process
> has existed?

No, it doesn't. But that should be pretty easy to implement into
virDomainListGetStats()/virConnectGetAllDomainStats().
Alternatively, libvirt emits an event when a domain is started, so you
may use that to record the time when the domain was started.

Michal

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen