Re: Help with libvirt

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 01:06:54PM +0000, Eduardo Kiassucumuca wrote:
Good morning I'm Eduardo, a computer science student and I'm doing a
final course work focused on virtualization. The work consists of
creating virtual machines on a server and allowing ssh access to the
virtual machines that are on the server containing
qemu/kvm/libvirt. The problem is that I can't access the virtual
machines from an external network but I can access them inside the
server. I would like to know what would be the best way since we want
to have a single public ip and be able to have a reverse proxy to
access the virtual machines, I would like to know from your experience
what you recommend?

It all depends on what network are the VMs running.  There are lot of
options, but my guess is you are using the default network.  It also
depends on whether you want to just forward few ports or have those
machines fully accessible.  For port forwarding you can have a look at
our wiki:

  https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Forwarding_Incoming_Connections

but there are always more ways to do the same thing, so that page
describes only few variants.

Have a nice day,
Martin