Re: frequent network collapse possibly due to bridging

Thank you for the reply. I truly appreciate them.

I used virt-manager to set up my VMs and manage them on a daily basis.
After reading your responses I used the commands below to gather some
information:

$sudo virsh net-list --all
 Name      State      Autostart   Persistent
 default   inactive   no          yes

$sudo virsh net-info default
Name:           default
UUID:           some-number
Active:         no
Persistent:     yes
Autostart:      no
Bridge:         virbr0

I thought it was interesting that the default network was not marked to
restart at boot and changed that:

$sudo virsh net-autostart default
Network default marked as autostarted

Then due to its inactive status, I thought it would be a good idea to
start it with:

$sudo virsh net-start default
Network default started

Of note, even though the default network was marked as inactive as
above, it was working. In other words, I was able to reach the VMs,
which are part of that network, even before the `virsh net-start
default` command. Nothing seemed to break with the command either, and
everyting still seemed to work afterwards.

$sudo virsh net-info default
Name:           default
UUID:           some-number
Active:         yes
Persistent:     yes
Autostart:      yes
Bridge:         virbr0

I would really appreciate if you can confirm that this is the desired
state for my network for the purposes I discussed previously. I
apologize if I am oversimplifying things here, it is because of my lack
of in-depth understanding the appropriate set up.

Thanks,

Hakan