Re: DMARC & similar @admins

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 06:58:29PM +0000, lejeczek wrote:

> On 11/01/2022 17:29, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 05:18:53PM +0000, lejeczek wrote:
> > > Hi guys
> > >
> > > My memory fools me? - I remembered this list had DMAR+other_bits sorted, so
> > > users like myself, on Yahoo, did not loose their own emails.
> > Nope, it is currently unfixable. The mail server software handling
> > @redhat.com culls the DKIM signatures, so anyone sending from a
> > domain that requests strict DMARC policy will have their sent mail
> > dropped by any recipient that honours this.  This basically means
> > that most subscribers to this list won't see any mail sent by
> > @yahoo addresses.
> >
> > I've had bug report escalated for over a year now and there's no
> > ETA to fix it.
> >
> I don't know if it's the exact same Redhat(platform) but might be worth
> consulting freeIPA, oVirt, clusterlabs(who recently fixed it) - "it" works
> over there.

The mailing lists for all of those projects are hosted on different
servers - none are using the redhat.com mailman.

I know what needs to be fixed at the technical level, but the SMTP
service for redhat.com doesn't allow us to do what is needed - ie
not strip the DKIM signature. The outdated version of mailman in
use also does not have the workaround feature for this that newer
mailman releases have

I would love to fix this but there's nothing more I can do at this
time. As soon as something else becomes possible I'll try it.

Regards,
Daniel