Re: simulating multiple hypervisors with the test driver

Daniel,

That got me up and running quickly. The examples were easy to follow, all I had to do was read a couple of the xml documents to figure out how to get what I was after. Thank you, and the rest of the people working on the project, for all the effort you've put into libvirt!

Tom

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 4:56 AM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 09:06:35PM -0600, Tom Ammon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a python application that will manage multiple remote
> libvirt hypervisors. I've been using the test:///default uri for
> single-hypervisor tests, and it works great.
>
> I'd like to simulate connecting to two different remote hypervisors,
> however, in my testing so far it appears that multiple connections to the
> test:///default uri just look like different connections to the same
> hypervisor. Here's what I tried :

Yes, the test:///default URI is shared process-global state.

> What I would like is to be able to spin up two completely independent
> instances of the test driver so that it can simulate two different
> hypervisors/instances of libvirtd.

Pass in a path to a custom XML file for the connection

eg:

   test:///path/to/checkout/of/libvirt.git/examples/xml/test/testnode.xml

every instance of a file base URL will be unique. See this example
file for guidance on how to write the XML to pre-populate arbitrary
resources

Regards,
Daniel
--