Re: live migration and config

14.09.2018 15:43, Jiri Denemark пишет:
On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 19:37:00 +0400, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

13.09.2018 18:57, Jiri Denemark пишет:
On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 18:38:57 +0400, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
13.09.2018 17:47, Jiri Denemark пишет:
On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 10:35:09 +0400, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
After some mistakes yesterday we ( me and my colleague ) think that it
will be wise for libvirt to check config file existence on remote side
Which config file?

VM config file, namely qemu.
Do you mean the domain XML definition found in /etc/libvirt/qemu/*.xml ?
Yes and no, xml, but at another location.

We forgot to mount shared storage (namely gluster volume), on which we
have config files, twice...
If you're talking about the domain XML file, then you should never store
them on a shared storage. All XML files in /etc/libvirt are supposed to
be local to each host.
They are not stored in /etc/libvirt , but in other location, which is
suitable for sharing.
I'm even more confused now. How could libvirt even know about such
files? Unless you use transient domains, i.e., point libvirt to the
right XML when starting the domain.

Yes, it transient, really, we use pacemaker's VirtualDomain
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/VirtualDomain_(resource_agent)

pacemaker creates domain and destroys it.

As I can see from sources migration looks like:
virsh ${VIRSH_OPTIONS} migrate --live $migrate_opts $DOMAIN_NAME $remoteuri $migrateuri &

Don't know which exact options it uses though.

Do we need xml on another host if domain is transient for live migration?

Unfortunately, my colleague left today  for 2 weeks vacations and I have
no access to these hosts,
so I will be able to look in logs or do some tests only in October.
So, I'll write there again after 2 weeks or so.
Yeah, it would be nice if you could share the actual domain XML and the
command you used for migrating it to the other host, too.

Don't sure I can do this, I know English a little bit  ( my colleague can't write ;-) ), but this  is his cluster, not my, so I prefer to wait 2 weeks,
not try to request access....

Thank you!