So Close - Port forwarding in user mode.

People of the interwebs please help me! I am so close, but can't quite get it. I think due to my limited understanding of iptables.

Here's what’s up: I'm trying to port forward from my host to a VM on usermode NAT with libvirt. Using the hook script provided on the wiki, it doesn't work (connection refused) but it if give the command "sudo iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE" the port forwarding works, but name resolution on my host breaks. I think maybe I need to be more specific in the Masquerade command, but I have no idea what to do.

Here’s my iptables (without the above command): https://pastebin.com/J2vdKkLU

The source interface is eno1 with an IP of 172.16.99.170 and the destination is virbr1 with a VM IP of 10.128.10.100

Thanks in advance!

Rhys

Sent from Mail for Windows 10