Re: Libvirt access control drivers

Here https://libvirt.org/acl.html is stated that you designed this access control system as pluggable. Are there any options ( even with modifying libvirt code) to plug in any custom driver?
I just need to take a try and design something that will support remote access control.
I am not sure if sVirt is the right thing I should look at.

On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 11:21:22AM +0300, Anastasiya Ruzhanskaya wrote:
> Ok, excuse me for misunderstanding, how it is possible then to set up
> access control when I use remote connection to KVM ( not in UNIX domain)?
> Is there any way within libvirt, maybe based on authentication or
> certificates?

Unfortunately we don't have a solution for fine grained access control
when using remote TCP access. We had a feature request against polkit
to allow passing it identity information such as certificate distinguished
name, but that was rejected :-(