Re: Create qcow2 v3 volumes via libvirt

Il 01-05-2018 22:25 Eric Blake ha scritto:
That's fairly accurate.  Also, mixing internal and external snapshots
at the same time is likely to trigger some known data-loss problems,
if you are not extremely careful, so for now, just pick one or the
other and stick to it (I hope to someday enhance qemu to refuse
operations that would risk data loss, or to perform a slower version
of the operation with the same result instead of its current fast but
wrong implementations, when dealing with mixed-internal/external
backing chains).

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-04/msg00865.html

Ok, I think I'll continue to use RAW images + filesystem snapshots + external snapshot when required. It is unfortunate that we have no GUI to manage external snapshots. I even remember that external snapshot remove was not supported - I had to use the --metadata flag and a plain "rm" to remove them (or using --no-metadata in the first place)[1]. Does it remain the current behavior?

Thanks.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2015-September/msg00037.html

--
Danti Gionatan