Re: libvirt: XML-RPC error : Cannot write data: Broken pipe

On 08/09/2017 03:59 PM, Dominik Psenner wrote:
> The error message could however give a hint what is going on. It should sax
> that it is impossible to talk to libvirtd and that it might be stopped.

[Please don't top post on technical lists]

Yes and no. There can be a lot of reasons why client can't talk to
daemon. They all don't demonstrate in local connection, but imagine
talking to a daemon on distant host. And suddenly somebody cuts the
cable, or inserts incorrect firewall rules, etc. Suggesting that daemon
is not running would be wrong in this case. Also, we tend to report
system errors and leave mgmt application figure out how to deal with it.
For instance:

http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=tools/virsh.c;h=94bb7ff6c93afa46d31d085eaa5e504f1cca7593;hb=HEAD#l90

Michal