Re: No way to stop virStream error after guest stop

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 01:01:39AM +0000, JosÉ Luis Valencia Gutierrez wrote:
I get just _READABLE events repeatedly, virStreamAbort() doesn't work, it
gets out of control after the target domain stops and the unix scocket is
deleted. I ended connecting directly to the unix socket. I just wanted to
ask if it certainly is a bug or perhaps someone went through this before
and have a workaround.

It's OK workaround if you are on the same host and you can connect to
the unix socket directly.  But I think this is a bug and we need to fix
it for others who need to call this remotely.

Thanks for letting us know.  Would you mind filing a bug so that we can
track this issue properly?  I'm currently trying to reproduce the issue,
although I wasn't successful yet.

Jose V.
Em ter, 16 de mai de 2017 às 05:28, Martin Kletzander <mkletzan@xxxxxxxxxx>
escreveu:

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:01:18PM +0000, JosÉ Luis Valencia Gutierrez
wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>I am opening a virChannel(unix) to a domain and receiving data with a
>non-blocking virStream using events, when the connected domain gets
>stopped(which deletes the channel unix socket) by calling destroy,
>shutdown, pause or migrate on that domain, with the stream open the read
>event is triggered repeatedly, and virStreamRecv returns 0 bytes
indicating
> EOF but neither  virStreamFinish nor virStreamFinish is working to stop
>the stream to trigger the event . Each time the event is called I got this
>errors.
>
>libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : this function is not supported by
>the connection driver: virStreamRecv
>
>libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : this function is not supported by
>the connection driver: virStreamFinish
>
>libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : this function is not supported by
>the connection driver: virStreamEventRemoveCallback
>

>Is there other way to stop getting this errors? or perhaps this is a bug.

This sounds like a bug.  Do you get no other event than just _READABLE?
No _HANGUP or _ERROR?  Does virStreamAbort() work, even though it's
probably not what you are looking for?