Re: No way to stop virStream error after guest stop

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:01:18PM +0000, JosÉ Luis Valencia Gutierrez wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am opening a virChannel(unix) to a domain and receiving data with a
non-blocking virStream using events, when the connected domain gets
stopped(which deletes the channel unix socket) by calling destroy,
shutdown, pause or migrate on that domain, with the stream open the read
event is triggered repeatedly, and virStreamRecv returns 0 bytes indicating
EOF but neither  virStreamFinish nor virStreamFinish is working to stop
the stream to trigger the event . Each time the event is called I got this
errors.

libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : this function is not supported by
the connection driver: virStreamRecv

libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : this function is not supported by
the connection driver: virStreamFinish

libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : this function is not supported by
the connection driver: virStreamEventRemoveCallback

Is there other way to stop getting this errors? or perhaps this is a bug.

This sounds like a bug.  Do you get no other event than just _READABLE?
No _HANGUP or _ERROR?  Does virStreamAbort() work, even though it's
probably not what you are looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Jose Valencia