Re: question about libvirt network Xml

On 16.10.2014 19:29, Robert Li (baoli) wrote:
Hi,

I’m an openstack developer trying to use

      Assignment from a pool of SRIOV VFs in a libvirt <network> definition

from this link http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking

My question is is it possible for nova (the openstack compute) to know
which VF out of the pool will be allocated to a VM before it invokes
libvirt to launch it?

In general no. Even though currently libvirt chooses the first free VF, this is not a part of API, and thus it's not written into a stone. I wouldn't rely on it. But the fact, you need this kind of information makes me wonder why. What's your use case?

Michal