Re: virsh can create vHBA, but returen error msg "Node device not found"

On 06/27/2013 04:51 PM, Dennis Chen wrote:
Hi,

I am using the libvirt 1.0.6 with the patch applied: http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=371c155

The problem I encountered is, with virsh comand 'nodedev-create /home/kvm/vHBA.xml', the vHBA can be generated as expected on the host, but error msg will show in the virsh shell:
libvirt: Node Device Driver error : Node device not found

I try to find the reason with gdb, and found that the 'nodedev-create' command will call virNetClientIOEventLoop() function of the remote driver, in this function, code will wait on:

 repoll:
        ret = poll(fds, ARRAY_CARDINALITY(fds), timeout);

after about 50s, poll() returns, but the replied msg->header.status=VIR_NET_ERROR.

I am not familiar with the rpc call in the remote driver, does anybody here can give some clues?

BRs,
Dennis

After investigation, find the root cause and fix it. Now it's OK to create a FC vHBA in my environment. Fixing can be found at:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-June/msg01163.html