Re: libvirt for Citrix XenServer

On 05/28/2013 09:51 AM, Parakkal, Navin S wrote:

> 1) You say i need -lxenserver . Does that mean it can't do something xen+tcp or xen+ssh or xen+tls ? ie Does the libvirt need to be present on the host by itself . No remote collection is possible ?

Based on src/libvirt.c, xenapi:// URI are similar to esx, hyperv, and
parallels - they are client-only APIs rather than APIs that talk to a
remote server.  We recently converted vbox:// to talk to a remote server
(for licensing reasons), if you want to use that as an example for how
to make xenapi:// URIs be serviced remotely instead of as a direct
client.  But in the current state of libvirt, use of xenserver APIs
requires that your client be built with -lxenserver, because libvirt
does not support xenapi via remote protocol.

> If remote collection is not possible i would have to install the agent on all the hosts for monitoring.
>
> Do we have something like xenapi+ssh or xenapi+tls or xenapi+tcp for remote monitoring ?

Not unless someone writes a patch for it.