Developing on host machine, running code on guest VM

Currently I am developing my projects on my host laptop and am sharing my development folder with my Guest VMs via NFS. This works however it is somewhat a hassle do to UID/GID issues..

I was wondering if there was something similar to Shared Drives in VirtualBox?

Is NFS the best way to go about this kind of development or is there another feature I am missing?

I have added a group on the VM with the same GID and the host users GID which works (until some file loses the group rw for some reason..).

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Brad