Re: openvswitch

On 01/06/2013 01:07 PM, dohri@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm a newbie with libvirt and I would like to know if when I compile
> libvirt (0.10 on amd64 debian)  I have to specify an option for the
> management of openvswitch or if it's integrated in the code?

(If you're compiling it yourself, why restrict it to an older version. I
would recommend instead grabbing 1.0.1, or just grabbing the head of
master from the git repo if you're adventurous).

To answer the question about compiling - the Open vSwitch support in
libvirt is completely based on calling ovs commandline utilities, so
there was no reason to supply an option to compile it out (so we didn't
:-). As long as libvirt is compiled with networking support (which is
what happens by default on any linux), you will be able to use
openvswitch functionality in libvirt.