how to use libvirt

Hi everyone:

I am just a new user to libvirt. I installed libvirt as:

./configure
make
sudo make

After that I run the program in the development guide. But it seems that the program is stuck in the function of virConnectOpenReadOnly. When I tried the command: virsh list --all, it is also stuck. So could anyone tell me what's wrong with this?

Thank you so much

Tianwei Zhang