Re: error: unsupported configuration: block I/O throttling not supported with this QEMU binary

On 2012年11月28日 16:34, hzguanqiang wrote:
Hi, guys.
I want to change block I/O throttle using 'virsh blkdeviotune' with vm
not running, it reported an error:
# virsh blkdeviotune instance-000000dc /dev/loop0 --total-bytes-sec
20000000 --total-iops-sec 20 --config
error: Unable to change block I/O throttle
error: unsupported configuration: block I/O throttling not supported
with this QEMU binary
I can do this when the vm is running. Is it a bug? How can I fix this
problem.

It just looks strange, as you can tune when the VM is active. Because
the qemu capabilities is collected during the qemu driver starts up,
which is independant with the domain states.

Probably you will want to debug the qemu capabilities collecting
process.

Osier