Re: [Freeipa-users] libvirt with vnc freeipa

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 03:56:14PM +0100, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> sasl_allowed_username_list = ["admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" ]
>>
>> if I leave this field commented out (default setting), everybody can
>> manage the kvm host.
>
> Oh it isn't very obvious, but in this log message:

> 'admin' is the identity being matched against.
>
> We ought to quote that string int he log message to make it more
> obvious.
>
> So I guess SASL/GSSAPI is not giving us back the REALM, just
> the username
>
> So you need to change your whitelist to leave out the realm.

Bingo!

Thanks. If I may just hijack this thread: is it possible to whitelist
groups instead of individual users to use virsh/virtual manager?

I know sasl only deals with the authentication stuff, buy here you are
also authorizing in the whitelist. If this authorization could go
further to allow ipa groups, that would be ideal from an admin point
of view ;-)

--
groet,
natxo