Re: virtual machine seems to run, but can't connect to it

Thanks,

I just figured it out. It turns out that my institution issues 192. addresses to MAC addresses it doesn't recognize. I had not realized this so assumed that the IP address was coming from the VM setup somehow. Onto the next problem now! But I'll post separately about that.

Thanks for the help

On 30 October 2012 04:11, Rudy Godoy <rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:53:29AM +0000, Douglas Russell wrote:
> I'm using ubuntu 12.04LTS
>
> I setup a bridged network:

<snip>

> It generates fine and starts up seemingly without a problem as well when I
> run
>
> virsh start myvm
>
> I am then able to resolve it's IP with MDNS and try
>
> ping myvm.local
>
> So presumably the VM is running? But for some reason I can't communicate
> with it, I can't SSH in, I don't even get a response to my ping.

What does displays:
# virsh dominfo myvm

Can you connect to the console?

# virsh console myvm