Script execution at Boot

I am using KVM on RHEL 6.1.

When i try to run a RHEL 5.5 Guest using virt-manager the a shell script put under rc.local runs properly.

But when i try to run Guest using cmd line the script doesn't run. I mean it gives error code as 1 .
The commands like echo works but executing another shell script under rc.local file doesn't run and gives return code as 1.

I know its weird question .. but just was curious is there any parameter in xml file which affects the
environment of the boot sequence ???

I can give the both the xml file if needed.

--
Thanks

Vipul Borikar
"Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."