Permission issue with cgroups

Hello libvirt users,

I'm using the cgroup with QEMU guests. At /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf, I have the following parameter:

cgroup_controllers = [ "cpu" ]

This controller is successfully mounted and  libvirt is able to create subgroups for each VM, it's really great the cgroups support in libvirt. The problem is that I can only set the parameters of a given cgroup under the cpu controller if I'm logged in as root. I want another user to have that permission as well.

I tried to modify the file /etc/cgconfig.conf to change the permissions. The file is exactly this:

group libvirt {
        perm {
                admin {
                        uid = opennebula;
                        gid = opennebula;
                }
                task {
                        uid = root;
                        gid = root;
                }
        }
       cpu {
              cpu.shares=512;
       }
}

This configuration above does not seem to modify any of the administration permissions. Only the root can edit the parameters under libvirt.
The cpu entry was added just to check whether this configuration was read by cgroups at all. The 'cpu.shares' does change in group libvirt.

I was careful to start libvirt only after the service cgconfig was restarted.

Thanks in advance,

Antonio Carlos Furtado