Deploying OVF on Different virtual platforms

Hi All,

I am new to Virtualization and Libvirt. Pardon if any information is missing.!
I am using VMware PowerCLI And Python to automate tasks for managing my Virtual Infrastructure.
I have recently come across Libvirt. and have certain questions.

Q1. Can Libvirt be used to deploy OVFs on ESX servers.?
Q2. If I wrote a script using Libvirt's Python binding ( A simple one, Say turn on/off/suspend VM) , will that script work on different virtualisation platforms.( HyperV, XEN, VMware-ESX ) ?
Q3. Is there a suitable reference for Libvirt's Python APIs ?

Thanks,

Nikunj
Bangalore-India