Re: virt-manager / ssh (publickey)

Whats the connection string your using?

Also Id recommend not using root and giving a normal user account full libvirt control via policykit.  I have an example here, http://itscblog.tamu.edu/startup-guide-for-kvm-on-centos-6/ .

- Trey

On Nov 28, 2011 1:34 PM, "Shaun Glass" <shaunglass@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good day All,

I have experienced the following ...

I have a rhel 6.1 server running qemu-kvm. I have setup my desktop for
a publickey login (root user) to said server so that I may manage the
server (qemu-kvm) via the desktop with virt-manager.

However, I connect just fine, but cannot create vm's. I get :

"No hypervisor options where found for this connection"

My laptop does run qemu-kvm via virt-manager and so I decided to setup
a publickey login as before and guess what ... I can create vm's. It
seems virt-manager bases the creation of vm's based on the hardware /
software of the machine it is launched from and not the machine it is
connecting to.

Is there a workaround / config change etc that can be done so that
virt-manager uses the hardware / software configuration of the system
it is connecting to ?

Regards

Shaun Glass