Difference between "Max Memory" and "Used Memory"

Hello,

I am new on this mailing list, so If I do something wrong, don't hesitate to tell me :-)

I am using the following version of libvirt :
Compiled against library: libvir 0.8.8
Using library: libvir 0.8.8
Using API: QEMU 0.8.8
Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.14.0

I would like to understand the difference between "Max Memory" and "Used Memory" returned by a "virsh dominfo" command. In my configuration both values are equal. This surprises me because my VM is not using all its memory. Perhaps I miss something ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Jérôme