auto-set /cgroup/*/libvirt/qemu/<vm name>/ directory permissions on creation

Is there a way to automatically set the permissions of cgroups directories created by libvirt when a VM is launched?

Although it looks like I can set permissions on top-level /cgroup directories via cgconfig.conf, the cgconfig.conf manpage says “Permissions are related only to enclosing control group and are not inherited by subgroups.”.  From this, I believe that when libvirt creates VMs, the new directories under /cgroup/*/libvirt/qemu/<vm name>/ will not receive the cgconfig.conf permissions.

Where in the libvirt config can I set this?  We need users other than root to write to specific subsystems.

I can ask on the libcg mailing list as well, but I thought I’d try here first since libvirt is dynamically creating / destroying these groups.

Thanks.

Ben Clay

rbclay@xxxxxxxx