Re: Identifying proper CPU type

On 10/20/2011 09:27 AM, Alex wrote:
I've been working on trying to figure out why my virtual machine keeps
crashing [...]  As I'm relatively new to this, I believe I may have
misconfigured the XML file to try and maximize the CPU features that
are available to the guest from the host.

Is it crashing with default configuration or the tuned one?

The guest processor still seems to indicate there is only one core,

The CPU number seen by the guest is set in the guest configuration file.
For example, I create my guests with "virt-install" and the generated XML file has a "vcpu" parameter that I may tune.

despite there being 7 processors?

You have 8 CPU (#0 -> #7)

--
RMA.