Re: libvir: Remote error : cannot recv data: : Connection reset by peer

Check the 'max_clients' value in /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf. Experiment with increasing that value to see if your problem goes away.

Regards,
Sharad Mishra

Inactive hide details for PREETHI RAMESH ---10/04/2011 12:48:20 AM---I'm using Libvirt's Java API and connecting to the hyperviPREETHI RAMESH ---10/04/2011 12:48:20 AM---I'm using Libvirt's Java API and connecting to the hypervisor using the same. My program is such that periodic discovery of act

          PREETHI RAMESH <iampreethiramesh@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: libvirt-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx

          10/04/11 12:44 AM

libvirt-users@xxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

libvir: Remote error : cannot recv data: : Connection reset by peer

I'm using Libvirt's Java API and connecting to the hypervisor using the same. My program is such that periodic discovery of active VMs is done using Libvirt's functions.

However, when I try to perform any VM related operations while the Java code connecting to Qemu is running such as shutdown, start VM using virsh, I end up with :
'libvir: Remote error : cannot recv data: : Connection reset by peer' on my Java IDE and 'error: cannot recv data: : Connection reset by peer error: failed to connect to the hypervisor' on the terminal running virsh.

I'm using QEMU emulator version 0.14.0 (qemu-kvm-0.14.0) and Libvirt version 0.4.7 on Ubuntu 11.04.

Please help me out! Thanks.