Re: how to convert from xen .cfg files to libvirt xml?

On 09/26/2011 01:28 PM, Mauro wrote:
I have a .cfg configuration file for a xen virtual machine.
I need to convert it in xml format to use with libvirt.
So I run virsh domxml-from-native xen-xm backupsrv.cfg but I have an error:

error: Unknown failure.
How can I investigate about the error?

Have you looked in the logs to see if any further details are present there? Also, you may want to dial up debug verbosity, using LIBVIRT_DEBUG and friends, as documented here: http://libvirt.org/logging.html

Beyond that, all I can suggest is stepping through things with gdb; I'm not familiar enough with xen myself to recognize these symptoms.

--
Eric Blake   eblake@xxxxxxxxxx    +1-801-349-2682