Re: libvirt, snapshots, LVM, and existing VMs

于 2011年01月23日 16:01, Casey Link 写道:
Hello,

I am running libvirt 0.8.3 with a couple VMs using a LVM VG that I had
previously setup on my host. I did not use the storage pool
functionality of libvirt to create the VG in the first place
('pool-list' is empty).

Now I want to be able to take snapshots of the VMs. Having read this
indeed support taking snapshots of VMs on an LVM. I suppose I need to
create storage pool that includes the<backingStore>  element. However,
I am not sure how to go about creating this pool and making my
existing VMs utilize it.

Is what I am trying to do even possible? If so, what is the proper way
to go about doing it?

How to create the logical pool, refer to:
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=tree;f=tests/storagepoolxml2xmlin;h=92d08b31073ade34bc2112694219030130fc5bd1;hb=HEAD

How to create the logical volume with backing store, refer to:
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=tree;f=tests/storagevolxml2xmlin;h=ed26441f354c5183499eae14b56e280fe36c1da6;hb=HEAD

Hope it helps.

Regards
Osier