Re: libvirt with multiple users

On 09/21/2010 01:58 PM, Zach Tibbitts wrote:
<snip>
At home I use libvirt with my server to manage multiple virtual machines,
but the issue I'm running into for this use case is user permissions. As far
as I've seen, anyone who has access to the server over ssh and has access to
the libvirt server via virt-manager has access to all of the virtual
machines. I'd like to find some way for each user to only see their own
virtual machine. Is this possible?

Hi Zach,

As a general direction thought, it kind of sounds like you should look
into using "sessions" for this. Instead of connecting to the "system wide" version of things, like you're doing at home.

There's some info on it here:

  http://libvirt.org/uri.html#URI_qemu

But, other pages (and Google) might be more helpful there. It's not an area I've personally looked at (yet), but it sounds like it might be what you're after.

Does that help? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift